Thursday 18 October 2012

New year.. New project..

Unfortunately, I haven't been blogging as much as i'd like to as i'm back to uni and am super busy with my final year projects. However, I feel i've been producing some really interesting things so am back blogging again!

For this unit, I am taking my initial inspiration from butterflies and moths, taking influences from organic form, colour and also this seasons big colour trend.. Teal. My initial research has lead me also into symmetry and repeat pattern design, and is something that i'm really interested in as a textile designer. Recently I visited London's Natural History Museum to gather photographs which I have used to generate pattern designs intended for the high end interior furnishings market. 



To my ultimate surprise, the Natural History Museum also has sheep!


Within the Museum, they have the Darwin Centre which focuses on conservation of plant and animal species and also the science behind the museum. 




This part of the museum was amazing as I was able to get up really close to the butterflies and moths despite behind glass and get some great photographs. 
Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment